Imagine a mx:DataGrid with 3 columns. The first and second columns are people's
first and last names, respectively. The third column is a custom MXML component
that displays a button with its 'label' property set to a random number
generated within the component; this number is generated during its
instantiation.

My objective now is to get the value of that button's label. How can I get it?

The only way I can think of is to somehow be able to get a reference to that
component in the third column, then I can access the component's properties.

Can someone show me how I can do this in Actionscript?

Thanks.