From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of elevight
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 2:15 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Datagrid question

Imagine a mx:DataGrid with 3 columns. The first and second columns are
people's first and last names, respectively. The third column is a custom
MXML component that displays a button with its 'label' property set to a
random number generated within the component; this number is generated
during its instantiation.

My objective now is to get the value of that button's label. How can I get
it?

The only way I can think of is to somehow be able to get a reference to that
component in the third column, then I can access the component's properties.

Can someone show me how I can do this in Actionscript?

Thanks.