From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Gregor Kiddie
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:20 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Are you using the Marshall Plan?

Seeing as no-one else has replied to you yet Matt...

*Disclaimer, its well known that I dislike the Marshall Plan, so feel free to
dollop large amounts of healthy skepticism on my words*

We do not use the Marshall plan, though we have a business case where we may
have to satisfy similar conditions.

 *   The overhead in terms of architecture that the plan demands means it's
easier to bring a module built with an older version of the SDK upto the latest
version than it is to rewrite it to fit into how the plan works.
 *   I still think there are issues when sending events containing data of a
type the receiving app doesn't have in it's SDK (Vectors for example).
 *   Lastly, the security considerations are still arbitrary. It still doesn't
stop man-in-the-middle attacks, it just pushes them further up the food chain
(meaning that the host swf becomes the target of the attack rather than a sub
app)
I understand that Adobe have a healthy paranoia about security concerns. If I
had my software running on 90+% of all the machines in the world, I would too!
However, in my opinion, this is still the wrong approach.

Oh and describing my dreams involving Alex would probably get me banned from
this list and / or a court order ;)

Gk.

Gregor Kiddie
Senior Developer
INPS

Tel:       01382 564343
Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8 3QJ
Registered Number: 1788577
Registered in the UK

Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk<blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>

The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it by anyone
else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of INPS or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact is.helpd...@inps.co.uk