> Try...
>
> (event.target as TextInput).text = "";
>
> (event.target as TextInput).setFocus();

Steve, Thanks for the lead. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, either for the
Gumbo or Halo component.

For mx:TextInput:

The text never gets cleared out after user presses the enter key;

For s:TextInput:

The text is cleared out but the caret disappears, while the textinput still
gets focus. User has to regain focus on the textinput by first clicking
somewhere else. And this behavior cannot be programmatically emulated:

anotherComp.setFocus();
(event.target as TextInput).text = "";
(event.target as TextInput).setFocus();

I am wondering if it's good on the first place to handle this on the "enter"
event of a TextInput component.