If the web service box is not available to the outside public, then the Flash
player running on the clients machine won't be able to load the WSDL.

Either open up the web service box to the outside public or rewrite your app to
use remoteobject to connect back to the server hosting the Flex app and then
use that server to connect to the web service and return data.