I googled on the same subject literally a couple of weeks ago.
Here is the link that shed some light and helped me:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33768/any-advice-for-speeding-up-the-compile-time-in-flex-builder-3

What turned out relevant for our projects:
* Slow compile time is most often caused by having large numbers of embedded
resources ([Embed] or @Embed).
We have plenty of them, but the second tip helped much more.
* Go to Project->Properties->Flex Applications. All of the applications
listed are compiled each time.
This one is so evident but no one thought of that. We had 8 applications in
the project, but only two of them were required at a time.

--
Alexander Tarelkin
Web Developer