The full story is too long to relate and involves the component which has
given me more grief than any other - ComboBox. I'm pretty sure I established
a while ago that there's a bug in using a ComboBox with a bound value for
selectedIndex.

I have one whose dataprovider (and current selected index) are both highly
dynamic (changing in response to changes in another combobox).  There is a
circumstance in which the displayed label does not update until you roll
over the combobox, or sometimes click on it. Is there a brute force way I
can make it update? I've tried various invalidateXXX methods.