--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "turbo_vb" <timh...@...> wrote:

> Get over it. It's a big sea.  4 is around the corner.  We're expecting
> good things.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mika Kiljunen <mkintensium@>
> wrote:
> >
> > "ADG was one of the main drivers to switch to Flex and after using and
> > reading about it, it seems like its a bastard child"
> >
> > This was the best evil comment I've read to describe ADG... sad but
> true.
> >
> > -Mika
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM, tntomek tntomek@ wrote:
> >

> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Mika

> compared
> nothing
> > > has
> Management
> DMV
> > > 3.4.0

> of fixed

> DMV
> Our
> indeed

> soon?

> > > Second this opinion, DMV esp. ADG was one of the main drivers to
> switch to
> > > Flex and after using and reading about it, it seems like its a
> bastard child
> > > :) It's too bad because AFAIK Fx4 will not have updated grids, so we
> are
> > > stuck with this for longer then some might want to stay around.

What in your opinion does 4 bring to the table for enterprise applications?
Data wizards? I realize there isn't a better alternative but the Flex 4
transition is one I'm not looking forward to. I'd rather that things didn't
crash and use 80% CPU than have better skinning. None of the useful controls
are getting updated in Flex 4 and ADG 3rd party grid components are nowhere to
be found. There has been a lot of talk to express opinions and let the Flex
team know so I'm letting them know :) All I really ask for is that a few bright
people remain dedicated to Flex 3 to keep fixing the bugs