I am doing something like this:

if( indexListRemoteObject == null)
{
  indexListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
  indexListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexListHandler );
  indexListRemoteObject.addEventListener( FaultEvent.FAULT, faultHandler
);
  indexListRemoteObject.getIndexList();
}

if( indexProfileListRemoteObject == null )
{
  indexProfileListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
  indexProfileListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexProfileListHandler );
  indexProfileListRemoteObject.addEventListener( FaultEvent.FAULT,
faultHandler );
  indexProfileListRemoteObject.getIndexProfileList();
}

if( indexTradingDatesListRemoteObject == null )
{
  indexTradingDatesListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
  indexTradingDatesListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexTradingDatesListHandler );
  indexTradingDatesListRemoteObject.addEventListener( FaultEvent.FAULT,
faultHandler );
  indexTradingDatesListRemoteObject.getIndexTradingDatesList();
}

if( indexValuesListRemoteObject == null )
{
  indexValuesListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
  indexValuesListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexValuesListHandler );
  indexValuesListRemoteObject.addEventListener( FaultEvent.FAULT,
faultHandler );
  indexValuesListRemoteObject.getIndexValues();
}

but if i put the System.out.println in different Java Methods.. i see
the same sequence of order in which they are called. I am 100% sure that
my first method(getIndexList) takes lot of time. So while getIndexList
is executing then i should also see that atleast one of the other
methods are being executed simulataneously. But this is not happening as
expected. None of the other methods is able to recieve the request while
getIndexList is processing.

All my java methods are static. I don't think  this should cause any
issue.

thanks
ilikeflex

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "fotis.chatzinikos"
<fotis.chatzini...@...> wrote:

> make a remote call implementation in java that fills a hashmap or
related object with all the info you want:

> init()
> {
> people = getPeople() ;
> towns = getTowns() ;
> etc...
> }
>
> if you want them 1-by-1 call them in sequence:
>
> getPeople() on responce getTowns and so on...
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" valdhorlists@ wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand. Each call _IS_ a separate request. Even though
Flex batches them up together, each remoteObject call hits the server as
a separate request. They will return asynchronously. This is what you
want so that you get the data back as fast as possible.

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "ilikeflex" <ilikeflex@> wrote:
> > >
> > > HI
> > >
> > > I am using Blazeds. At the start of my application i am making
couple of request to get the data from the backend. I am tracking my
request through Charles Debugger. I see that all my initial request are
put together in one POST request. I want that each service call to
backend be a different POST request. So that i can get the data fast.

> > > Please have a look at the screen
shot.(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v7fXKpvsYl0/SoW5_0lZl6I/AAAAAAAAAPg/caJ1\
-RzjZAE/s1600-h/Query.png)

> > > How can i achieve this?
> > > I am using the Remote Objec to make the calls
> > >
> > > indexProfileListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
> > > indexProfileListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexProfileListHandler );

> > > indexListRemoteObject = new RemoteObject("indexMasterDAO");
> > > indexListRemoteObject.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT,
indexListHandler );

> > > Thanks
> > > ilikeflex

questions. Just tag them with "riacowboy" so that I can find them.

Stack Overflow - so hopefully many here will start getting more involved
in Stack Overflow.