I happened across the slides from a presentation that Sean Chirstmann did at
Max 2008 about memory optimization in AIR
(http://www.craftymind.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sean_christmann_optimizing_air_final.pdf).

One of his points was NOT to make DTOs or AMF objects bindable.  I've been
making my AMF model objects bindable for a long time and I just wanted to get
second opinions from the list.

I can see the point - if model objects are bindable and are bound using strong
references to display object properties using {}, it could result in object
instances persisting when they should be available to the GC.  If true, I have
to do significant re-factoring.

I'm looking for corroboration here - anyone care to share their thoughts on
this?

Jeff Battershall
Application Architect
Dow Jones Indexes