Can you post your detailed xml ?
I'll have a quick look in the morning...

________________________________
From: "Pruitt, Byron S" <steve.pru...@hp.com>
To: "flexcoders@yahoogroups.com" <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, November 17, 2009 10:01:48 PM
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] quick XML question

Found
an article online reporting the dashes are a problem in E4X syntax.
http://www.insideri a.com/2009/ 01/flex-xml- quick-tip. html if anyone is
interested.

However
it addresses the problem of…

dg.dataProvider = xmlDataSource.data-one;

And recommends…

 dg.dataProvider = xmlDataSource["data-one"];

But in my problem, I do not explicitly state a
dash in my syntax.  I expanded my experiment a little and defined report to be

var
report : XML =
<dls-configuration><system><product-name></product-name></system>………</dls-configuration>

and tried

var n1 :
XML = report.system["product-name"] as XML;
and n1 is
null.

Still
confused.