From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of jamesfin
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex Printing...

I've spent two days researching and playing with printing in Flex 3.4. I was
somewhat excited to learn this area of Flex which I had not previously explored
but have only one word (for now): Disappointing.

Primarily because there are many, many unresolved defects with various parts of
the printing system that render it unusable. There are a couple of alternatives
but they are unprofessional at best. The PrintDataGrid works awesome if you
have simple no-wrap/no-renderer rows and no more than one page and forget
multi-page printing, it's a mess.

Dear Adobe Flex Engineer Folk,

Can anybody with authority speak openly and honestly why very little effort has
been devoted to delivering something that will work out of the box? I haven't
run across any other portion of the Flex SDK that is as unusable and you should
be commended for that effort. It might be useful to remove all printing related
documentation until it is all verified and working so others don't waste time
trying to get it to work.

Based upon the Bug System, very little/if any has improved for the V4 release
and fixing printing defects remains low on the defect review team list.

Perhaps you can help us outsiders understand the overall Print Strategy for
Flex?

Sincerely,
Flex Developers Without Printing Folk

p.s. If you need help, let's assemble a Tiger Team to get it working. ;)