Yeah, you're very close.  Now it's just a matter of xml.  I'd start by tracing
o.  If the children are still in o, then drill down.  Otherwise, you'll have to
go and find the nodes; like you're trying below.  Some things that you can
start with:

trace( o.toXMLString() );

var myXMLChildren:XMLList = o.children();

o.child("myProperty")[0].valueOf();

-TH