Assuming that you have assigned an id to each series
("baseline","2009-8"), you could use something like this:

private function dtFunction( o:HitData ):String

{

      var index:int = ( LineSeries( o.element ).id == "baseline" ) ? 0 :
1;

      var s:String = "<b>Book rate:</b> " + o.item.session[ index
].bookrate;

      return s;

}

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Monette" <monett...@...> wrote:

> Tim,
> Your recommendation sounds so simple and logical but I am not getting
it
> to work.  My problem is parsing the XML and returning the correct info
> for the datapoints.  Following, is a sample of my XML file:
>
> <items>
>      <week name="1">
>          <session>
>              <sessionname>Baseline</sessionname>
>              <books>0</books>
>              <bookrate>2</bookrate>
>              <status>red</status>
>          </session>
>          <session>
>              <sessionname>2009-8</sessionname>
>              <books>0</books>
>              <bookrate>6</bookrate>
>              <status>red</status>
>          </session>
>      </week>
>      <week name="2">
>          <session>
>              <sessionname>Baseline</sessionname>
>              <books>0</books>
>              <bookrate>3</bookrate>
>              <status>red</status>
>          </session>
>          <session>
>              <sessionname>2009-8</sessionname>
>              <books>0</books>
>              <bookrate>1</bookrate>
>              <status>red</status>
>          </session>
>      </week>
> </items>
>
> What are your thoughts?
> Thanks.
> Monette
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "turbo_vb" TimHoff@ wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, you're very close.  Now it's just a matter of xml.  I'd start
by
> tracing o.  If the children are still in o, then drill down.
Otherwise,