In order to save the image file to disk, you need to use the AIR File API,
which is available only to AIR applications.

You can capture the image, encode it as PNG or JPEG using
mx.graphics.codec.JPEGEncoder or mx.graphics.codec.PNGEncoder, then upload the
resulting byte to a server.  Then your server application can save the file to
disk on the server.

I found these two links helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/780018/in-flex-how-do-i-create-populate-and-display-a-bitmap

http://blog.everythingflex.com/2008/02/25/create-images-with-air-and-jpegencoder/