mitek17

This is just a thought regarding matrix transformation applied to visual
components in flex framework. Firstly, you cannot make it bindable, but not
so fast... I find i perfect! Trying to animate flex components and make it
smooth is a pain, especially because of binding and all the "extra
architecture" added on top of DisplayObject properties. So, maybe even if
you don't find it convenient, there may be a different point of view on this
matter.
Speaking in more general sense, there are bugs, of course, and especially
painful are those of sound and timeline... But, the worst thing is that
flash isn't progressing for real in last years. Flex framework is just a
project built using the available tools - I don't think there is a point in
asking flex people to do more or improve stuff... how flash behaves is in
general above their responsibility... However, we have a bad example right
next to us, which is Java... it totally looks like it is on it's way to
became history - no improvements to the language in years, no new
releases... I think that if Adobe won't work in direction of making more
dramatic changes to the language and how the runtime works we may find
ourselves one day obsoleted... That's precisely why I mentioned other
technologies targeting flash platform, and I believe that if Adobe
cooperated with them better we might hope for a different future :)

Guy Morton.

I've said that before, he is not wrong, he's just serving the facts in a way
that will most likely give you a wrong impression.
He never says that h.264 codec is proprietary, but after reading what he
says you may think it is. It may also create a wrong impression, when he
says that flash had recently learned to play those videos using h/w
rendering. The technology was released about 6 years ago, but if you compare
that to dinosaurs, than it may in fact sound like very recently :) Well, if
you know the context, then it doesn't look that bad, but the less savvy
people will understand it very differently.
Oh, one more thing regarding the openness of the platform. On my Linux
installation I have HaXe and SWFTools compilers, GNash player (I have
Adobe's player too, but I'm testing against both players) and I do the
coding in AXDT and VIM with AS language coloring - none of these tools has
anything to do with Adobe, and all of them are OSS of different kinds. So,
his statement about flash being proprietary is not correct, however, you may
put many different meanings in that word, so, it may happen that some of
those meanings would not be false...
He also doesn't mention that what and how Apple had implemented in HTML5 is
not a standard, because HTML5 isn't a standard. It is about to became
standard in 2 years from now. You may call that "pushing technology
forward", but, then you would have to agree to call ActiveX a standard and a
technology break-through...
Is that called "baked facts" in proper English? :)