I think ( just a guess ) - they want to avoid different implementations of the
flash player - with different players supporting different features... that
could cause problems ( sounds like a headache to me ) ... however - if they can
avoid that - it could then also be a question of revenue. i think an open
source player - controlled by 'adobe' could be a great thing.

Also, one thing i have been wondering about lately, and can't think of an
answer... Director shockwave was quite fast and had ok 3D ( a little out of
date now ). Used to really like director...

why can't do the same with the flash player today... i know historically they
want to keep distributable file size low - and reach the lowest common
denominator - however - i just wonder why is this not achievable now days...

- k