Thanks Alex,

Is there a way to use compiler options in CS5--or Flash Builder--with a fla?
That sounds awesome. I'm in CS4/Flex Builder 3 now.

Are other people using this? I googled this I don't see any examples of it. It
would be great to:

 -externs "com.site.Dog"

whether using the Flash Builder, Flash, or the new jsfl API.