Yes Apologies...I think I typed before I thought about this some more.

Flex 2.0.1 SDK To Flex 4 SDK(I guess I was stuck on the name change from flex
builder 2 to Flash builder 4)...I dunno.

Yes I downloaded Flash Builder 4 Trial.  Tried to open my project in and I
tried to update some build path properties.  One option is to "Use remote
object access services", in the Flex Server tab  of project properties.  Maybe
I'm not supposed to be using that check box at all?

So If I select Live Cycle - because my only other options BlazeDS (which I'm
certain I'm not using)..."Only LiveCycle Data Services 2.6 and higher are
supported" is the error I get.  I suppose this wasn't introduced until a later
SDK for web Services?

So I just left it unchecked (not knowing if this will make my web-services
unusable or not) and it let me proceed and compile...I have a few errors to
sort out...

However, as mixed up as I am, "relatively few problems" sounds like a good
start.

Thanks.
Jenn