Hi, here is a sample code which I've modified.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>

    <mx:Panel width="500" height="500">
        <mx:HBox width="500" height="1000"
backgroundColor="#FFCC00"></mx:HBox>
        <mx:ControlBar width="500" height="50"></mx:ControlBar>
    </mx:Panel>

</mx:Application>

In your sample code, in spite of specifying width&height of
mx:Application with percent, you've specified width&height of mx:HBox
in pixcel.
So, mx:HBox bacomes larger than mx:Application and the scroll appears
on the whole application(mx:Application) automatically.

Mixing percent&pixcel is not good for displaying each compornent
correctly, I advice you to use only pixcel for specifying the size of
each compornent.

Paul

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sreejith Unnikrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Can someone help me with this problem.
>
> In the following sample, the scroll appears on the whole
application.
> What is the correct/suggested way to avoid that. The scroll should
be
> applied on the Panel and not the Application here.
>
> I tried many things such as appliying creationComplete,
creationIndex

archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg12582.html).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM