How about computing the hash based on the date and time when someone invokes
the high score? Time can be +- 15 seconds to account for the amount of time to
get to the server. The server computes the same hash when it receives the call
and then compares. Someone could possibly grab the hash in Charles and plug it
in to some code to call it but probably not in 15 seconds. By then the hash
will be out of date.

Or, you could send a date/time string hash as well as the high score hash and
make sure that is within your parameters.

Just thinking out load here...