Thanks for the info.

I did get it to work, but through another method to yours:

My app is in the root, so I can't provide [webappname] as you've
mentioned below. I provide "/" as context root in the MXMLC command
line, but I also have to make some changes in the flex-config.xml
file to accomodate the fact that my app is the root. Any references
to "{context.root}/flashproxy" or similar in the flex-config.xml
file were replaced with "{context.root}flashproxy". Note the removal
of the "/" - wchich apparently gets added back in through the
command line parameter.

Anyway, I got it to work and have a working pre-compiled Flex app.

John

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Langdon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Your contextroot needs to look like this: "-contextroot /
[webappName]"