>From my testing, I believe the problem is on the JS side of thing, and that
the FABridge doesn't 'live' in the same location in the DOM in flex4, as
compared with flex3.

But we're both reasonably novice flex developers, so we could be
mis-interpreting what we're seeing.  In another version of the project, I
have added some debugging to a text area on screen, and
"this.parent.FABridge" and "parent.FABridge" and "FABridge" all return
'undefined'.  Since that used to work just fine in flex3, it seems like
maybe I just need to find the new 'path' in the DOM....

for example:

this.parent.foo.bar.blah.FABridge

Thanks,

Brian