Hey Alex,

I tried changing "Framework Linkage" to "Merged into Code" as well as
checking/unchecking "use local debug runtimes..." without much effect. I'm
reading your blog and piecing out what might apply to me. It's pretty
advanced stuff. The thing is the font is there - if I specify it directly in
RichEditableText it shows up. What is the container doing to TextFlow that I
am not, and how can I mimic that. I've introspected almost every property
and function of TextFlow, FlowComposer, ContainerController, TextFlowLine
and TextLine (I've been on this for many days now :). Judging by the output
of textFlowLine.getTextLine().textBlock.dump(), TLF is just not
aware/registering the font until after the container is rendered.

If you are curious to see it work and fail side-by-side in a simplified
compilable app, check out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/480077/FlexTestTLF.zip

If you run it, you will notice 4 RichEditableTextContainers. The first two
use device fonts (Courier and Arial), and they are interpreted correctly.
The trace of the dump() in the console shows this nicely. The third box, in
red, is the problem. This box tries to employ an embeded font before the
container is rendered, and if you look at the trace, it's not accepting the
font and instead using the default Times New Roman. The fourth box is
exactly the same as the third box, but solves the problem by applying the
truncation at updateComplete, rather than on initialize. The trace shows the
font to be correct as well.

 Do you think all this is related to contexts and multiple swfs as you
describe in your blog?

Thanks!

What do you make of this? Is there a way to mimic what happens to textFlow
on updateComplete but inside initialize?