I have a TitleWindow which has
some TextArea components where end users(using the application) will
enter data to answer some questions. A reviewer needs to comment on the
entered answers. The reviewer comments would be stored in a MySQL
database using ColdFusion as the middle tier. Later, the end users would make
changes to their answers based on reviewer comments.

I was thinking of doing it as MS-Word does it for reviewing by having a
Add/View button next to each TextArea. On clicking the button, a window
would open where the reviewer could enter his comments for the TextArea. But,
the issue is when the new window is opened, the answer in TextArea component
will not be seen. In MS-Word, a reviewer can view/highlight
the data that he wants to comment on, then enter his comments on the
comment box.

1. How can I implement this so that reviewing answers/data is as
intuitive/easy as in a MS-Word document for the reviewer and end-users
when they need to make changes based on review comments?

2. I am thinking of adding a Add/View comment button next to each
TextArea. On clicking it, I open a new window, create a panel with two
textareas where first textarea has user's original answer(which would be
readonly for the reviewer) copied from the parentWindow's TextArea,
second textarea would have reviewer comments(which would be readonly for end
user of the application). The reviewer would make comments in
second textarea based on the answer(in first textarea) and click a
button to save his comments(which would be stored in a MySQL database).
The end user would click the Add/View comment button, revise his
answer(in first textarea) based on reviewer comments(inn second
textarea), click a button which would then update his original answer in the
parentWindow with the revised answer.

3. If approach described in 2 is advisable, should I open a new Window
using PopupManager or is there some other option(like the one at
Multiple Windows in Adobe AIR) which might be more suited?

I am using compiler Flex 4.5 with Flex 3 compatibility mode. I am a beginner to
intermediate in Flex

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I am talking about the view end user receives when he uses MS-Word to
review a document(not how MS-Word implements it). If you have MS-Word
installed, you can open it, create a new document in it, type text in
it,  highlight the text you want to comment about, then choose Review
option from the Menu, then select option New comment and you would see a box
where you can
enter comments. I want to create something like that so a reviewer/end
user is more comfortable in using it.