What version of Flex SDK?  This sounds like an old bug.

From: Dave Glasser <dglas...@pobox.com<mailto:dglas...@pobox.com>>
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:57 AM
To: "flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>"
<flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>>
Subject: [flexcoders] UIFTETextField - randomly disappearing lines

I have a UIFTETextField that is displaying a line of text 115 characters long.
I set its width to 300 with wordwrap enabled, and it wraps the text into 3
lines. The weird thing is that any or all of the lines may be invisible when
this object is displayed. Sometimes you'll see the first and third lines with a
blank line between them, other times maybe two blank lines followed by the
visible third line, other times all three are blank.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this? I checked the bug tracker for
UIFTETextField and its parent class, FTETextField, and didn't find any bug
report on this.