I think there's a business opportunity to create a CF based Wiki; I've had to integrate a PHP one because there aren't any good CF based ones out there.

But I just want to comment that for MACR to make one; the decision would be to divert resources. Frankly I'd rather see MACR focusing on their core products, as opposed to pulling CF guys off of CF8 to make a CF based wiki which would be totally sunk cost unless they plan to sell it as a product. Financially it wouldn't make sense.

charlespaz1 wrote:
I recognized it as MediaWiki, and I understand PHP is a great tool, I
use it myself when the project calls for it.  I have nothing against
Macromedia using PHP if it is the right tool for the job.   However,
as the "15th Billionth" person to comment on this, I find the
impression that it gives in this case an unsettling one.

How would you feel if Microsoft hosted their web pages on Linux/Apache
instead of Windows/IIS?  Or developed Office in Delphi?  It just
wouldn't give a great impression of their confidence in their own product.

Who, if not Macromedia, has the most knowledgable people of
ColdFusion?  Who, if not Macromedia, should be running a ColdFusion
based Wiki, to not only showcase their product, but to show their
confidence in its use in an enterprise environment.

With a simple Google search today I found a ColdFusion wiki, and I've
downloaded a few others previously. http://www.cdsi-solutions.com/cfwiki/

But hey, that's just my opinion.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mike Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes. It is using MediWiki, which powers wikipedia.

mike chambers