I was also raised .NET / Java and keep my code files the same name as the component and put them in a <mx:Script source="ComponentName.as" />

It's probably personal perference but Flex Builder and the Eclipse plugin for mxml can't help at all with *.as formatting or any sort of tag completion if you keep your script in the mxml file.  That... plus I love being able to see the versions of the mxml files apart from the script in source control...  shows me where we messed up in designing the UI.... higher version number in an mxml file means bad design up front.

And now for the inflamatory material....  IT'S JUST CLEANER... WHY WOULDN'T YOU KEEP YOUR CODE FILE SEPARATE???!?!?!?!??  *snickers*