So what's the best practices for this process of
seperating the MXML and AS?

I'm just getting up to speed with Cairngorm so I
figure it would be good to get into the right habits
now.

I would like to note, however, that one can go into a
resursive "perceived optimization" extrme with just
about any model, until the effort at not ever
repeating anything actually becomes a burden in
itself...so I don't believe there is a
purest/extremist view that should be applied to any
model.

There's a threshold of "waiting in the wings" while
designing where it just becomes the right time to
seperate into an abstractino; granted, I realize
code-behind isn't necessarily exactly like an actual
pure design (but then again after 3 years of ASP.Net I
realize how overkill it can be and I'm finding much
more comfort in Java designs; webservices).  I've did
an IBuySpy store and found after considering it's
implementation after 2 years to be just outright
un-elegant.  C#.Net and VB.Net is more elegant as far
as what .Net can really do...and Web Services is
really the best target for that and I find MXML
consumes them quite well thank you.

The way I see it, the majority of the future is Web
Services WDSL and Flex Presentation Tier (long term
even as long as there is a 3D modelling project for
the future of Flash).

-r

--- Matt Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guilty. The examples in the Flex documentation
> usually mix AS and
> MXML... but we do this mostly for readability. Plus,
> we want people to
> be able to just copy a sample out of the doc and
> paste it into a file
> and run it -- without worrying about file
> structures, relative vs
> absolute paths, etc.
>
> This doesn't mean we shouldn't try to improve on the
> samples somehow...
>
> matt horn
> flex docs

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>