Jesse, $20/hr is what I pay people to dig holes in my yard! Anyone in
the US with development skills working for that is depressing the market
and seriously shortchanging themselves.

Since FLEX is aimed directly at the enterprise market and is
fundamentally a presentation-tier platform, you could use Java/.NET UI
developer rates as a rough guide. As I investigate the FLEX market, it
appears to be closely tied to the Java market since many Java guys are
adopting FLEX. I just took a FLEX class where I was the only Flash guy
in a room full of Java people, and the assumption was that a FLEX
developer would have deep Java experience.

As one of the "old school Flash guys", I see FLEX paying more than Flash
development for someone who knows AS2.0 inside and out. Flash seems to
top out at about $85 an hour for contract in the US on large projects,
and Flex trumps that just in the few jobs I have looked at (for the NYC
area).

Of course salary is a whole other beast, and I have no experience there
due to my allergy to W2 forms.

Tim

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM