With Flex 2.0 it is possible to connect directly from client to mail servers, both IMAP or POP3.  I have actually built some prototypes to prove it out but have not taken it further.  I imagine that you will start to see some mail API's popup from different developers.

Kevin

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jignesh Dodiya
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:22 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Email System POP3/SMTP on Flex

Is AMFPHP is useful for that....i think now FES-2 gives flexibility to work with remote object

any idea

On 2/15/06, Rob Rusher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Flex requires a back-end to connect to a mail server, so there will have to be a "Flex and something". In this case it happens to be ColdFusion.

So to answer your question, No. There is not a Flex or Flash _ONLY _ version of an email system. They all require additional technology to communicate with the mail server.

Rob Rusher

RIA Consultant

Macromedia Certified Flex Instructor

e:[EMAIL PROTECTED] c:303.885.7044 im:robrusher