I haven't used this yet, but our University teaching apps would
certainly need good functionality here so hope there isn't a problem
like there's been with the implementation of printing in Flash in the past.

As far back as a Flash 5 project we hit a bug in the Flash player to do
with printing nested movieClips - after months of trying to fix it
someone from Macromedia eventually let us know that it was a known issue
but they didn't think anyone would notice - as far as I'm aware it's
never been fixed.

Compared to all the other features in Flash, printing always seems to be
a bit of a poor cousin sort of implementation.  Maybe with Adobe's print
heritage that will change . . . :-)

Phil

Dima Ulich wrote:
> I would like to ask adobe team.
> Do you guys have any plans on making printing from
> flex a bit easier?
>
> I think it is very important for RIAs to have very
> flexible printing feateres so users and devs wouldn't
> have problems creating different kind of reports.
> For now it is not event possible to print bitmap
> images aloing with vector graphics.
> To print images you need to have them embeded or use
> printAsBitmap feature, but printAsBitmap makes all the
> other things on page look nasty. It won't work for
> good reports.
> In Flex Beta past and new version there was a
> FlexPrintJob package it prints in bitmap format which
> makes it impossible for use. And flash.print.printJob
> package is pretty hard to use, and it doesn't solve
> the problem.
>
> Flexcoders, what do you think about printing in flex?
>
> Ulich Dima

Phil Marston
Learning Technologist
Learning Technology Unit
Edward Wright G33, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3QY, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +44(0)1224 273329 / +44(0)7798 723660
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/