I believe there are still some interfaces you might need to support like
IStyleClient.  I've asked internally.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of bussesven
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 1:15 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Using mxml without flex framework (Flex 2 Beta 1
and 2)

Hi,

in the alpha version of Flex 2 i was able to remove the framework.swc
from a flex project and still use mxml with only my own classes. In
beta 1 and beta 2 this doesn't work anymore, because mxmlc by default
generates several import statements and other stuff in the generated
classes, which leads to errors of course, since i have removed the
framework.swc.

Even if i leave the framework.swc in, but use only my own classes, it
doesn't work, since there is an error with the StyleManager.

I made a simple example. I have a very simple class:

package com {

        import flash.util.trace;
        import flash.display.Sprite;

        public class Sample extends Sprite {

                public var myvalue:String;

                public function Sample() {
                        trace("Hello World!");

And a very simple mxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sb:Sample xmlns:sb="com.*" myvalue="Test" />

It doesn't work, i get the error:

TypeError: Error #1009: null has no properties.
        at
mx.styles::StyleManager$/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::i
nitProtoChainRoots()[C:\dev\beta2
\sdk\frameworks\mx\styles\StyleManager.as:240]
        at
MyTest/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::_MyTest_StylesInit
()
        at MyTest$iinit()

What is going wrong here? How can i use mxml with just my own classes
without the flex framework?

Thanx and cheers.