hi Snail, i would like to share my experience

my experience was same as u described earlier ...but then after i have decided to take help from the other resources.  Flex coder yahoo group is the best i think, also other master developer's blog helped me a lot and still helping and i am leaning from that advanced developer's articles.

so flex is not boaring if u go this way, I hope u can understand, just sharing my experience coz i have started learning flex from Flex-2 alfa itself no prior experience or knowledge and i got extreme interest in flex now....... Just don't depend on the flex help documentation......

hope this will help u to create interest...............

Best of luck

Jignesh Dodiya