Ryan,

If you're already using a model, then you don't necessarily have to
pass data between seperate components and/or send data to the model
to be updated.  Instead, use can implement data binding.  This is
where the power of Cairngorm really shows.  I'm not saying that you
have to use Cairngorm here, but you can certainly borrow some of its
concepts.  Because you have created an event driven navigation
system, you can choose to attach the component's data to the
navigation event and update the model when the event fires.

Preferably though, you can bind the data in the model to the
components and avoid having to update the model at all.  In this
case, the client side data (Value Objects) would reside in the
model.  This applies to permanent and temporary data alike.
When a change is made to the data in the model, the bound components
automatically reflect the change.  Conversely, when the data
changes in the components, the data in the model is immediately
updated.  This is possible because the data in both places is
actually the same object. :)

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "rgwilson26" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have an app where I have created a single control bar that
allows
> the user to navigate through various components in my application.
> This is so that the navigiation is always located at the bottom of
> the screen and is visible at all times to the user without
> scrolling. I am doing this becuase some of my components are
fairly
> large, and while the user scrolls down the bottom navigation will
> stay in view at all times.
>
> My navigation component succesfully navigates through my
components
> through a dispatched event with no problems. What I want to do is
> send the data in each component to a data model. However, I have
not
> figured a way to do this without putting the control directly
inside
> the component. What I need is a way in which the navigation
> component can some how tell each component to send its data to my
> data model each time a navigation click event is fired.
>
> Simply put, I need a way for one component (my navigation
component)
> to tell each individual component to send data to my data model.
If

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM