Hi All - I'm getting really confused here. The help docs offer
examples of binding webservice results to either UI components or
objects, such as an ArrayCollection.

This is all good and fine, but shouldn't I be binding these results to
a model? And then bind UI comps to the model too?

Here's what I thought would happen (an initApp() function starts the
ball rolling with getAllActiveCustomers).

<mx:WebService id="theWebservice" ...

        <mx:operation name="getAllActiveCustomers"/>

        <mx:operation name="getCustomerDetail">
                <mx:request>{ActiveCustomerModel.CUST_ID}</mx:request>
        </mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>

<mx:model id="ActiveCustomerModel">
        {theWebservice.getAllActiveCustomers.lastResult}
</mx:model>

<mx:model id="CustomerDetailModel">
        {theWebservice.getCustomerDetail.lastResult}
</mx:model>

<mx:Button label="Get details on: {ActiveCustomerModel.CUST_NAME}"
click="theWebservice.getCustomerDetail.send()"/>

<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{CustomerDetailModel}" ...
</mx:DataGrid>

The model can update the GUI components, and vise-versa, the
webservice requests can use the model and the webservice results can
update the model. Right? All one happy circle of pushing data about?

So, what are the best practices for data binding? Is this anywhere
even close? Is it sensible to use (I'm not even sure if this actually
would work)? Is there one rock-solid example of managing webservice
requests & results, and mx:models and user-input?

Should I send data within the
webservice.operationName.send(ActiveCustomerModel.CUST_ID)???

Should I go and sell used cars?

Help! Thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM