Hi,

Future yes; present--requires some hoops.

Background: the new Flash Player contains both the old Actionscript
Virtual Machine (AVM0) the executes AS1 and AS2 and the new AVM2 that
executes AS3.  This allows us to have the new VM, language and
performance and keep backward compatibility with existing SWFs written
prior to AS3.  Unfortunately, there is no real interop between the two
VMs.  For the most part, one has to choose AS1/2 or AS3 and not mix
them. The workaround is, as written earlier in the thread is to have the
two SWFs talk to each other with local connection.  This works, but is
not the best ieal solution.

Tha said, James was right that the *future* will make it easy to create
SWFs and SWCs in Flash and use them in a Flex applications.  The future
assume the Flash authoring tool with full support for AS3.  This future
version of the Flash authoring tool is code named "Blaze".  It is still
a ways off, but we expect to have a version on labs.adobe.com as early
as possible to enable this interop across Flash authoring and Flex. It
will not however provide an automatic way to use earlier (AS1/2)
SWF/SWCs in Flex--you will need to either port these to AS3 or use the
local connection technique.

Hope this helps.

-David

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM