Hi Ian,

The first example was almost correct.  This will work:

<mx:DataGrid height="{parentPanel.height-50}"/>

Change "parentPanel" to the id of your panel.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Skinner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I’m not having much luck with this.  If I put it like you
suggest I get an error about not allowing strings here.

ups.com, "Ian Skinner" <ian.skinner@>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM