Thanks for responding, My initial worry was not that all my questions are not getting answered. It was more like if Adobe wants to get into the dev realm and be active in convincing existing MS dev people to make a switch to Flex from the upcoming WPF/e and WPF platforms, their community support and involvement needs to be greater then that of MS on a per dev basis. The product is only 20% of the work effort to see a real success, the other 80% is execution, and actions required to get a user base that makes future development worth while.

Convincing developers to change platforms will be much harder then convincing designers. MS has to convince the designers, and Adobe need to convince the developers. Adobes task is much greater.

I’m afraid that the post came off as someone whining cause his questions don’t get answered which was not at all the intent.

I frequent the MS channle9 and MS forums often as I use their products, there is no talk about Flex/Apollo only WPF/Ajax/WPFE. I’m an avid tech blog reader, tech magazine reader, all around anything tech, and see no mention or little thereof of Flex. I heard the first time of Flex 1.5 last June? How long has it been out? I’m a dev that’s always looking for new technology to solve problems, so how is this possible.

This worries me too the core about the future of Flex. It’s a viable platform, and very powerful, however Macromedia has/had a reputation in the Dev world (animations etc..) Adobe has a rep in the Dev world (it’s just for designers). So how can Adobe hope to unclench the Dev world that MS fights so much to protect? It takes much more then a superior product to make it happen. MS is a PR machine. Unless Adobe gets very involved (very being an understatement) how does Adobe hope to accomplish this? The only way is better execution combined with superior involvement/support, and then hope that the word of mouth becomes viral.

To become viral you need the story which Flex has, and the people to spread that. The story of Flex is not getting out there enough.

I believe that Flex has the potential to stop MS WPF/e in it’s tracks, but the buck starts here, not in 6 months, and not in 2.

Anyway enough rambling, I’ll just continue to do my part where I can to ensure my investment pay’s off.

Again my apologies if it came off the wrong way.

Jason