Well, its almost that easy.

For flex 2 at least, you need to also install the JOTM for tomcat to work.

Below is a description of how to do it that is better than the one in the manual.

Hank

1. un "gzip" the file http://debian-sf.objectweb.org/projects/ jotm
2. go to the lib directory in the resulting uncompressed folder
3. place all the files in this folder in the $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib directory except:
   a. log4j.jar
   b. commons-cli.jar
   c. jotm_iiop_stubs.jar
   NOTE: $CATALINA_HOME is just your tomcat folder.
4. Create a new file called context.xml in :
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/<your app name, in this case "samples">/META-INF
5. Place the following in the file:

<Context path="/samples" docBase="samples" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

  <!-- Description of the resource "UserTransaction -->
  <Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction" />
  <ResourceParams name="UserTransaction">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
      <value>org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name> jotm.timeout</name>
       <value>60</value>
     </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>

NOTE: In the first line above, the word "samples" listed twice, should be whatever the  name of your webapp is. Using "samples" allows you to run the samples application that comes with FDS.

or if you have Tomcat 5.5 or greater you may just place the following in the file:

<Context reloadable="true">
    <Transaction factory=" org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60" />
</Context>