From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Franck de Bruijn
Sent: Friday, 25 August 2006 4:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [flexcoders] Re: Choice of backend systems - which provides

Hi Bjorn,

Could you provide me some insight in how large your objects are and how complex they are? In XML, how many lines would it be? And how many nested levels would it be?

In the applications I build, the XML is at the most 100 – 1000 lines, and I don’t see many problems with it. But, if you are pushing 1000s of lines over the line, I can understand it can become an issue. In terms of nesting I typically encounter 2 or 3 levels (objects) deep, but not much deeper. Also this is not causing many issues. It always depends on how you have architectured your interface.

Probably you are in the luxury where you can also dictate the back-end technology. This is not always the case. Most often the back-end is already there and you just have to plug a GUI on top of it.

Cheers,

Franck