From: plucka70 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:53:08 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex with Coldfusion Beginner

I'm a real beginner, and know CF inside out. So I want to use Flex
2. I've read a bit online and got a webservice call working
displaying the current time from a cfc.

Now I have a cfc generated using the wizard which is a database
related one, not sure what to do from here. I seems to generate an
array of objects, and each object defines a row in the table, this
all makes sense.

But how do get this into a flex data grid.

I assume I need to loop over the array and populate the data grid
using an Action Script function. Conceptually simple, but I'm hoping
people can explain the best way to do this and perhaps post a simple
sample that takes a table into a data grid.

PS: I'd rather not use the full generate wizards available, I'd
rather learn how to do it line by line on the Flex side.

Regards
Dale Fraser

http://dale. fraser.id. au