after a lot of stuffing about today, Patrick and I managed to get FDS
running as an instance of jrun, configured apache, and got FDS talking
to coldfusion's event gateway, which did ran logic on the
consumer/producer messages, and supplied the result.

We couldn't find much in the way of specific documentation about how to
get that done - but we worked it out.

I'll post some sample code at the end of next week - as the FDS stuff
for Flex is the backbone of our Australian Flex Derby competition
entry - which closes in a few days.

But hell yeah, pushing and pulling information between two separate
people through the browser, while running logic on it through cfc's on
the cf server.

We might finally be able to present a strong enough case for flex over
ajax to the company we work for.