Have your ColdFusion WebService return an Array of Structs.
In you Flex code on the "result" event handler for the WebService
operation take the event.result and will a line like this create your
ArrayCollection.

myArrayCollection = event.result as ArrayCollection;

Then bind the myArrayCollection to the dataProvider of the DataGrid.

Roughly something like:
        <mx:WebService id="wsSomeService"
        wsdl="http://localhost:8500/com/renaun/SomeService.cfc?wsdl";
                useProxy="false"
                showBusyCursor="true">

                <mx:operation name="getItems"
                result="dpItems = event.result as ArrayCollection;"/>
        </mx:WebService>

<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{ dpItems }" />

Renaun