While open source it could be a solution, I think is not strictly necesary. The main point here is that Adobe should provide as soon as posible a way to expose flex framework revisions.

If they fail in provide quick solutions to the actual framework problems they could make people entering flex and flash world (i.e, coming from java) stop working with this technology due to some strange or weird bugs found.

May of that bugs are very anoying and were found one or two months ago. I think it's time for Adobe to start giving some feedback to the community about some updates. I think this is more important that start aasking about new additions to the framework in the future. Most of use are satisfied with the actual framework but would like to see it working 100% without any problem that make us rethink the way we plan a view or a functionality just because there's a bug that doesn't allow us to create that part in the way we were thinking. Add new features is great and is great that Adobe start thinking in future enhancements, but please! is more important provide a way for people to get updates, and even provide possible solutions to framework bugs and problems.

Some months ago we talked about SVN, or other ways to accomplish this. I think now is not a problem the "how"...now is important the "when". Maybe as Adobe did providing feedback support about linux flash player (knowing the importance of such release for the future of flash platform in the enterprise), this should be the same, and provide info( i.e, in the flex team blog) about plans regarding this issue.