Varun,

Congratulations on getting your remoting configuration working with Flash 8.  Getting it working Flex 2 likely will be pretty straightforward from here.

I currently am not using Java as backend on my Flex 2 apps.  But I do think the following article might walk you through the remaining steps:
    Automatically generating code for Flex 2 data access
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/daoflex.html

The article focuses on using Flex 2 with RemoteObject against Java backends.  The article is very tightly written and includes downloadable code.

And best of all, the article is a how-to for using DAOFlex, an open-source tool that generates Flex and Java code for you :-)

hth,