Ahh man, you're off here but it is nothing but an opinion from both of us.

Competition helps the technology thrive. A lot of people in the community stated the Adobe merger took the competition out of the market due to overlapping technology (Fireworks<->Photoshop, DW<->Go Live, etc).

Now, unless WebORB is said to NEVER overlap with the technologies Adobe is implementing then I will understand. If not, there is overlap. Oh yeah, you might want to change .NET to YES and YES according to Allen. I don't know if Adobe is working on one or not but I don't see why they wouldn't.

So, a question for you: if you build a product and someone else builds the same product, is that competition? I say yes. Is Fluourine a competitor to Adobe's $900 (or whatever it is) .NET implementation? Uh....yeah. :-)

Disclaimer:
I'm not here to argue. From a business point of view, I just don't agree with you Clint and, seemingly, Adobe doesn't either (based on your comment about Adobe being "uncomfortable").