Hello!

I need to set an xml:lang attribute in XML file, and I have trouble
doing so. If I just use the xml-prefix it won't work, so I need to add a
namespace declaration. But then that namespace declaration is visible in
the xml output, like this:

<lom xmlns="[[ims metadata namepsace]]"
xmlns:xml="[[xmlnamespace]]"><langstring xml:lang="de"/></lom>

The xml validator then tells me that the file is invalid, because i must
not declare the default xml namespace.

Right now I just remove the xml namespace by converting the xml to a
string and then just replace xmlns:xml.

Is there a more elegant way to do it or am i missing something?

thanks,
Markus