If I understand your issue, there is the single pixel thickness
between items where the mouse is not actually on anything but you
don't want this and even if your mouse is over top the grid line you
want to technically be on the button?

I'm not sure how hard this would be with how your rendering the time
blocks but maybe try giving them specified hit areas. The seperate hit
area could extend the button 1 pixel in two directions. Say one pixel
down and one pixel right. That way your not getting overlap other
buttons but your still covering the grid lines. This will also remove
the dead area's near the corners if you use non rounded corners for
the hit areas.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Van De Velde Hans

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------

> and a function to create the timeslots:
>
>    private function createTimeslots():void
>    {
>     var timeSlots_ar:Array =

["6","7","8","9","10","11","12","13","14","15","16","17","18","19","20","21"

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------

> and the static function in the LineDrawer class is :
>
>   public static function drawDottedVerticalLineTo(
>    g:Graphics,
>    dotColor:uint,
>    x : Number,
>    yStart : Number,
>    yEnd : Number
>    ) : void
>   {
>    g.lineStyle(0,0xff0000,0); // invisible line (!)
>    g.moveTo(x, yStart);
>    for( var y : Number = yStart; y < yEnd; y += 1)
>    {
>     if( y % 2 == 0 )
>     {
>      // lines are too fat, so we draw a square of 1 pixel (!)
>      g.beginFill(dotColor, 1);
>      g.lineTo(x+1, y );
>      g.lineTo(x+1, y+1 );
>      g.lineTo(x, y+1 );
>      g.lineTo(x, y );
>      g.endFill();
>      g.moveTo( x, y + 1 );
>     }
>     else
>     {
>      g.moveTo( x, y + 1 );
>     }
>    }
>   }
>

> What I want is to avoid a mouseOut below when rolling over a dotted
line,
> thanks in advance.

Maximize