There is an example in the doc starting here:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/00000647.html

Stephen

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Giles Roadnight
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] customising preloader

Hi All

I've been trying to create a custom preloader for my flex app. I want
to keep the DownloadProgressBar object on the screen when the app has
finished loading and initialising and then load my own xml
configuration file.

I've been trying to extend the DownloadProgressBar class and had a
look at extending the prelaoder class but didn't get very far.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I did find one example
that replaced the prelaoder with an image but I couldn't alter this to
what I want.

I also tried to create my own DownloadProgressBar object and use it to
display progress of a load after the app has finished initialising but
this didn't work either.

Unless I can get it to work I'll have to just create my own popup and
load the xml once hte app has initialised but I'd rather it all
happens with the 1 popup.

Many Thanks.

Giles Roadnight